Week 9 - What a Week



 Hello all !

This week has been on of high emotions. Over spring break I took my plants home to tend to them with water etc.., and also to run some recording tests. Since the plants had been kept in a grow box here at the school, when they were exposed to the sun light, it was a bit too intense for them. Unfortunately one of the tomato plants died, so I lost one variable. In addition to this, none of my nicotine seed ever sprouted. To combat these disappointments, I have begun to grow a new tomato plant, and ordered new nicotine seeds, hopefully they will grow in time. 

When I conducted my at home test I first began with my strongest tomato plant. I was absolutely over joyed when looking at the recording because I did pick up clicking sounds, which is exactly what the research paper I found said it sounds like. However, to my utter dismay when I conducted my second trial using my negative control, I picked up the same sounds. 

This has left me to attempt to investigate what sound is happening in the recording environment and shut it down. Then keep taking samples until something hopefully supports my hypothesis. 













Comments

Popular Posts