Week 8 - This Weeks Wonder Thought

 This week has been a little intense. Since my las blog I have not done much more research, on plant senses. I am trying to get caught up on my other classes. 

Over the weekend I traveled to Dallas for a concert. It was so much fun! I traveled all by my self, which gave me lots of time to think. I was people watching in the airport, as I often do, and it is remarkable to witness how people interact with one another. This got me thinking about how plants communicate, and how grand their biological structure truly is. This wonderous thought sprang up inside my head, it might sound a little funny, that from the macro of outer space to the micro of a cell inside a plant, our lives consists of universes inside universes. Science is amazing because different scientific fields investigate different "universes" and when experts on these matters collide we get a glimpse at how all of "this", being our world functions together. You could even expand of this thought and say that similarly to how an organ inside an animals functions in a specific way to keep the animal alive(micro), so do trees function to intake CO2 and provide us with fresh clean air to fill our lungs(macro). In other words, each "universe" has paralleling functions, in which you can see how everything is connected from the greatest to the smallest. Though I am not the first person to think such a thought, I did enjoy letting my mind wander into wonder. 

This was my wonder thought this week, I'll be back next week with more of plants and their senses. :)




Comments

Popular Posts