How Do We Define Senses?

 A key component to the research I am doing is how I define what senses are. 

Most people would think that to see, is to have the ability to form pixilated images with in the mind, by ways of optical mechanics. In botanical biology, this, obviously is not the case. For my rough draft, I am defining senses as; the way that a living thing perceives an external force. This allows for a much broader scope to learn about how plants have other sense machinery. I really enjoy how a word like, sense, can be used in many different functions. 

It is fun to imagine plants as being capable of speaking, or seeing as humans do. However its far more fascinating to discover how they speak in their own secret ways, and see with eyes alien to our own. This project is causing me to have to grow my imagination and think outside of the box. This language like, seeing, speaking, smelling, are not just fairytale dreams. Plants truly do all of these thing, just differently from our context. 

    




Comments

Popular Posts