Blog Post Week 1, Research Project Concepts


 

This first week of the research projects, I began brainstorming ideas. I knew that I wanted to research something to do with plants. Could I be any broader? After meeting with Josh, I realized I needed to narrow down the target for my project. Initially, I thought that I might be interested in medicinal research. After deliberating, I decided that I am interested in this topic, just not as much for this project. After ranking my brain and google for roughly 45 minutes, I remembered I bought a book called "The Secret Life of Plants" by Peter Wohllenben. This book questions the "senses" of trees (if they can "feel"), how they communicate with one another, etc.. This concept captivated me as I began reading. Now, I am planning to read this book, and research how plant biology allows them to feel, smell, communicate, and more.

Comments

Popular Posts